Send Us Your Feedback!
We appreciate all positive feedback and constructive criticism received from our membership. To provide feedback about this website, or the information contained on one of the pages of the site, use the "Feedback" link located in the top-right of each page. To contact a specific executive member, coach, or team staff member, visit the contacts
Forms & Other Downloads
In order for your child to participate in tryouts for another program, while they are of age to participate within the Amherstburg Minor Hockey Association, you will need to have completed one of the following permission forms depending on the level of the other program.
AAA Permission to Skate (PTS) Form
All players attending AAA tryouts must get a AAA Permission to Skate form signed by a representative from AMHA. AMHA is only able to sign PTS forms for players who are registered with AMHA for the upcoming season.
Anyone in need of a AAA Permission to Skate (PTS) form is required to contact the VP of Travel ([email protected]) to make this request.
Amherstburg Minor Hockey has “Club Status” with the Amherstburg Admirals.
Players interested in attending Jr C Amherstburg Admiral’s camps can do so without a PTS.
Midget-aged players for the upcoming season wishing to attend JR B Camps must obtain a Junior PTS from AMHA.
Players wishing to attend another Jr C Camp must get a PTS from the Admirals. To receive a PTS for attending other Jr C camps, please contact Wes Ewer at: [email protected]
Players requesting a Junior Permission to Skate form should contact the VP of Travel ([email protected]).
Please download the form from home and have it filled in before requesting it to be signed. The forms will not be available in the AMHA office.
All players interested in trying out as an NRP for AA (pee wee minor and above) must be first registered for the upcoming season (2021/2022) in AMHA to allow an NRP card to be issued.
Please contact the VP of Travel (vptrave[email protected]) to formalize a request for an NRP Card.
Please review the below links regarding H1N1 information. Some extracted notable information is as follows:
- Parents are urged to keep their children away from the hockey environment if they are showing any signs of infectious disease or virus. Sick players are encouraged to see their physician if showing signs or symptoms of the H1N1 virus, and to be fully recovered prior to returning to play
- Players should be encouraged to wash hands routinely and always after handling hockey equipment
- Talk to your players about using their arm when covering their mouths and nose when coughing or sneezing as opposed to their hands.
- Towels should be removed from all benches
- Fair Play handshaking prior to the start of each game be eliminated until further notice
- Both the game officials and the team officials should acknowledge each other without the customary formal handshake until further notice.
More information is available from both Hockey Canada and the OMHA
- Hockey Canada – Dr. Aubry, Chief Medical Officer
- OMHA – Rick Morphew, Technical Director - Referees
Fitness Tax Credit
To claim your fitness tax credit you will need to print your receipt from the Hockey Canada Registration website, which is available here
Fair Play Code for Parents
- I will not force my child to participate in hockey
- I will always remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays and performance by both my child's team and their opponents.
- I will never question the officials' judgement or honesty in public.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's hockey games.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who dedicate their time to my child's development.