Non Resident Players and PTS FAQs (Amherstburg Minor Hockey Association)

PrintNon Resident Players and PTS FAQs
Non-Resident Player (NRP) Passport and Permission-to-Skate (PTS) Form
Any player that will be requesting an NRP Passport to tryout at a different base category than AMHA, or a Permission-to-Skate form to tryout at 'AAA' or Junior Levels will be required to register with AMHA using the new HCR 3.0 Registration. As a means to defer or eliminate unnecessary payments, AMHA has elected to allow any players registering with the hope of playing 'AAA' on a PTS Form with the option to defer their payment, pending the outcome of their tryouts. Any players using a PTS form will be allowed to defer payment, with the balance of the registration fee only being collected, if the player is not successful in their tryouts at the higher base category. If the player will be returning to tryout with AMHA, the entire owing amount will be required to be paid prior to the player being allowed to tryout.

Any players selecting other payment options, but making a higher level team ('AA', 'AAA', or Juniors) will be fully refunded their registration fee paid to date, without any Administration fee or penalty. 
Who is eligible for an Non-Resident Player (NRP) Passport?
Any players registered in their home centre that are U12 (Minor Peewee) aged (11 years old) or older as at December 31st of the current playing season are eligible to receive a NRP to a centre with a different base category.
Please complete the NRP Request Form found HERE to receive an NRP Passport. 
Who is eligible for a Permission-to-Skate form?
Any player registered in their home center that are U10 (Atom Minor) or older are eligible to tryout for 'AAA' or Juniors. Any player trying out for 'AAA' or Juniors are required to have a Permission-to-Skate form filled out by their home center. To receive a Permission-to-Skate form, please follow the instructions found HERE

Within which centre does the player register?

All players must register in their home centres.

Who can obtain a NRP Passport?

Only players that provide proof of registration (receipt for registration) will be granted an NRP Passport. 

How does a player determine which centre he is eligible to tryout for?

The player is eligible to tryout in any centre of a different base category, that is accepting NRPs

Can players from one “A” centre tryout in another “A” centre?

No, all players from an 'A' centre can only tryout for a  team rated higher than their own. The only except is at the U16 age and above, with the 'Authorization to Move' process.

Can a player obtain more than one passport?

No. A player may only receive a single passport.

If a player is selected for the team above his centre, does this mean he is permanently a member of the new centre?
No.  The NRP process is good for a single season only. 
All players interested in trying out for centres above their home category must go through the process every year.

Can a player attend a tryout for a AA or A centre outside of their own without obtaining a NRP?

No.  The only way players can tryout in another centre is by obtaining an NRP Passport from their home centre.